Monday, January 31, 2011

What's New?

Well, I guess not too much, but I thought I would update you all on what amazing changes are happening with the baby, and what bizarre things are happening to me!

I'm sure most of you have seen the weekly baby updates that I post on Facebook, but for those of you that haven't, here is what is happening with the baby in week 15! First off, I can't believe it's already week 15! I am almost half way through this pregnancy already! It feels like it was just yesterday when we found out that I was pregnant! It's hard to believe that 11 weeks have already flown by between then and now!

So, this week: the baby is 4 inches long, and weighs about 2 1/2 ounces...about the size of an apple! The baby's respiratory tract is functioning, and the lungs are beginning to develop! The baby can move all of it's little limbs! The baby can now react to light, even though it's eyelids are still fused shut! So, if I shine a light on my belly, the baby will react to it! How crazy! Seeing as I haven't felt the baby move yet, I haven't tried this neat little trick, but trust me, we will be having fun with that when the time comes!

That is all the fun stuff that is happening with the baby, and now on the bizarre dreams that I have been having! I was warned about the dreams that come with being pregnant, so I have been trying my very best to remember any dreams that I have had. I have had 2 this last week that I can remember clearly.

The first dream I had was where I was laying in bed and I could feel the baby doing summersaults in my stomach, I kept telling Paul "touch my stomach! Touch my stomach!" and he would say "no! that's weird! I'm not going to do that!" I kept telling him to touch my stomach, but he wouldn't! Next thing I knew, I looked down and I could see the baby's face pressed against my stomach!!! It was the weirdest thing, I could see the eyes, nose and mouth, and it looked just like a dolls head! Paul and I were freaking out...and then I woke up!

The second dream I had was last night, I dreamed that I had the baby, it was girl, I remember the doctors putting the diaper on the baby before we left the hospital and we were on our way. We had friends and family with us throughout the next couple of days, and I remember just holding my baby all the time and giving her sweet little kisses. The baby began to get fussy, and I couldn't figure out what was wrong with her! Then I realized that I hadn't changed the baby since we left the hospital 3-4 days ago!! We didn't have any diapers at the house, we weren't prepared at all, so we had to run to target and buy diapers, and I was so upset because I was a bad mother! I woke up right after that!

Very weird dreams I know! It's amazing what pregnancy hormones can do to a woman!

Well, I don't have any pictures to post thus far, I am still wearing my pre-pregnancy jeans, they are a little snug someday's and other days they fit fine. I have only gained 1lb, and while things are shifting all around, there is no baby bump yet! I hear it's common that a woman won't show with her first baby for 5-6 months! So, as soon as there is something to show, you all will know about it!

Thanks for reading the ramblings of a pregnant lady!

Love,
Wendy

2 comments:

  1. You are so cute!! I love reading your blogs =) Thank you for some updates and for sharing the weird dreams LOL

    I can't wait to see your baby bump =)
    Did Paul ever get you some lemons?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, no, I never got my lemons! I did eat some more tangerines though! :-)

    ReplyDelete