Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Big Ultrasound

Today Paul and I went to the big anatomy scan ultrasound! This is typically where we would find out the gender, but we stayed strong and didn't find out! The ultrasound tech said that when she gets in that area to make sure all is in order that she would let us know so we could cover our eyes. At the end of the ultrasound I asked if she knew what we were having and she said "nope, I didn't even look". So, that means that nobody will know the gender of the baby until our little one makes it's grand entrance in July! I like not having to worry that a doctor or a nurse will slip up and tell us what we're having!

The ultrasound itself was just so amazing! Our little one was moving around, kicking away, and even had the hiccups! It was so cute to see it hiccupping on the screen! The ultrasound tech said that she wasn't allowed to tell us anything about the baby health wise, and that she would be giving the pictures to the doctor and we will get our results from her on Tuesday. Paul and I were a bit disappointed, because we really want to know if everything is ok. We did see all 4 chambers of the heart and 2 kidneys. I kept asking the tech probing questions, but she held pretty strong to not giving me any "medical" information. I asked at the end if it looked like the baby had anything wrong with it, and she said "Well, I can tell you that it doesn't look like you have anything to worry about". That did give us some peace, but I know we will both feel a lot better once we talk to the doctor on Tuesday!

The baby is already head down, but the tech said that could change throughout the course of the pregnancy. The little legs were way above my belly button and were kicking away, I can't wait until I can start feeling some of those movements! The heart rate was 160bpm.

We got a lot of pictures printed out for us, and I'm going to post some of the best/most interesting ones! I'm a little sad that this was the last time we will get to see our baby during the pregnancy, but so relieved that everything looks great and that we have an active little swimmer in there!

Love,
Paul and Wendy











1 comment: